Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mother's Log January 2015!

Jan 5
Kassi started gymnastics again today. She loves it there!  And she's so stinkin' cute!! 
 
Jan 6
Kassi's current bedtime routine includes the 5 B's:  Binki, Baba (sippy cup) of milk, Baby doll Elsa she got for her birthday from Auntie, Blankie made of muslin that she's had since infancy for by her face, and her Blankie made of fleece she got for Christmas from her nursery leader for over her body.   She does not like to begin rocking without all five of these items. Then she gets a few songs while rocking.  Lately the request has been for Moon Songs. Then she goes in her crib.  And every night, without fail, she asks for two things once placed in the crib and kissed on the forehead: "Daddy Kiss!" And "No Door!"  In other words, she wants Daddy to come kiss her if she doesn't fall asleep in the next few minutes and the door has to stay open at least enough for her to see into the hall.  This has been the routine every night.  This kid is too sweet!
 
Jan 10
Emmy's lost her first two teeth!  She got a dollar bill for each from the Tooth Fairy.  But somehow those two dollar bills multiplied four times.  Anyone missing dollar bills?  I think she may have taken up stealing.  Must be time for the "It's not good to take and keep things that aren't yours..." talk. 
 
Jan 13
The flood we had in our basement just before the New Year kind of accelerated our projects planned for the main floor.  We decided that, since the crew was already here, they might as well stay the week and tear apart some walls.  So that's what they did today. They tore apart a wall in our entryway. My home has become full if chaos and dust. 
 
Jan 15
The Principal at the girls' school came up to me today and told me Emmy had come up to her earlier this week and showed her the new homework book her teacher had just given her.  Emmy announced to the Principal that she hated these books because they are so boring.  And that all homework and school is boring.  The Principal thought it was hilarious.  That's our Emmy! 
 
Jan 19
Part one of project remodel complete!  Two walls torn apart and half a closet removed.  Railing added.  New Sheetrock and edging put up. Rewiring of mostly all electrical in the one section of the house took about five hours.  But what a difference. In two weeks, new windows.  Two weeks after that, taping, mudding, and painting.  Two weeks after that, new carpet and new tiling in the basement where the flooding was.  Then we rest for a year or two.  I will most certainly be posting before and after pics.
 
Jan 21
Ally got the challenge spelling list last week.  I was surprised at how tough it was and worked with her on it all week.  I was still nervous for her when I dropped her at school last Friday, but today I found a spelling test with 100% on it in her folder!!  There was also a Vocabulary test with 100%! Go Ally!!!
 
Jan 22
Took Sami to an introduction night for Middle School.  I can't believe my child is going to Junior High next year!!  We have to register her in two weeks!  I feel so old.
 
Jan 30
Jeremy has been having back issues from a compressed disc in his back.  It's been causing his foot and parts of his leg to go numb.  He finally went to a doctor who put him on a steroid which is supposed to stop the swelling.  However, the doc warned that one of the main side effects of the drug is that Jeremy might go a little crazy for a few days.  Because of that, Jeremy decided to wait until after his big depositions in DC this week to start taking the pills.  (He just got home from DC last night and the depositions went very well!) He started the pills today and this afternoon I decided to check in on him and make sure he hadn't bought a Condo in Switzerland or arranged marriage for our daughters or something.  He didn't answer his phone but he did text me back telling me that he was on his way back from a Day Spa with new socks for me.   His texts were very odd and I admit I was momentarily concerned but reassured myself that he was pulling my leg.  Then he came home with his radio blaring and wouldn't come in the house.  He kept sending me text after text asking me about what was going on in the house and who was home.  I went out to the car per his request and found him in an agitated state and blinking constantly as he handed me my new socks. 
He was only teasing me, the twerp.  I figured as much but I did have a moment before he gave up the charade that I considered hiding the drugs from him tomorrow.  :)   
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment