something....chaos, maybe?
I had a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit this year. Maybe it was the late onset of snow. Maybe it was because I was still feeling worn out from all of us having Strep. Maybe my house is too cluttered with toys and baby things, making it hard for me to feel motivated to decorate (I actually cried when I opened the boxes of decorations and then I only ended up getting a portion of it all out). Maybe it was everything combined. Anyway, whatever the reason, I just wasn't in the mood. But I went through the actions for my girls. And the mood finally hit... on December 23. Ironically enough, Jeremy usually doesn't get in the mood until right before Christmas but he was all energetic about at the first of December. Maybe we traded places this year...
Putting up the Tree:
The first gift under the tree:
Just needs wrapping!
Counting down the days!
I never got around to getting out the usual countdowns but instead I wrapped 24 of our favorite Christmas books and we unwrapped and read one every day.
Letters to Santa
Holly cookies and wreaths!
It's just not Christmas without them...
The Ward Party
okay, I got a kick out of this year's theme! It was Christmas Around the World. The ornaments were made out of fanned atlases!
Those wreaths are adorable! I might steal that idea one of these years.
ReplyDelete