May 8
Spent the day in St. George with the O family while the Dads were getting CLE'S. The kids were so cute today! Ally and M spent most of the morning in a closet talking about secret spy club tactics with a Where is Waldo book and creating a play. Then Ally, Emmy, and M acted it out for us. It was about a princess going missing and something to do with a tiger and a lady in waiting in disguise...
Played tennis with Sami for a little while. I can't wait for her to start taking serious lessons this summer so we can really play together. I need a tennis buddy.
Kassi is who really cracked me up though. She had a little pink car floaty that she buzzed around the kiddy pool in. She wouldn't take it off, even though submerging all the way into the water would have been warmer. Then while Jer and C played tennis, she sat on the back of the couch and looked longingly out the window at them while yelling, "Dad! Help me!!" As in, come save me from the confines of this condo and take me with you! Then tonight we were reading scriptures before bed off of my phone and everyone was taking a turn holding the phone and reading a verse. When it's Kassi's turn, we usually just have her repeat after us. This time, though, she wanted to hold my phone. And then she said, "I do it!" And started pretending to read. She went into this elaborate story that we could only understand half of about Mom, Dad, temples, and some other stuff. I kept trying to get her to repeat the actual words of her verse but she kept insisting she could do it herself. She had us all crying with laughter. It was knd of those moments you wish you could can for later...
Spent the day in St. George with the O family while the Dads were getting CLE'S. The kids were so cute today! Ally and M spent most of the morning in a closet talking about secret spy club tactics with a Where is Waldo book and creating a play. Then Ally, Emmy, and M acted it out for us. It was about a princess going missing and something to do with a tiger and a lady in waiting in disguise...
Played tennis with Sami for a little while. I can't wait for her to start taking serious lessons this summer so we can really play together. I need a tennis buddy.
Kassi is who really cracked me up though. She had a little pink car floaty that she buzzed around the kiddy pool in. She wouldn't take it off, even though submerging all the way into the water would have been warmer. Then while Jer and C played tennis, she sat on the back of the couch and looked longingly out the window at them while yelling, "Dad! Help me!!" As in, come save me from the confines of this condo and take me with you! Then tonight we were reading scriptures before bed off of my phone and everyone was taking a turn holding the phone and reading a verse. When it's Kassi's turn, we usually just have her repeat after us. This time, though, she wanted to hold my phone. And then she said, "I do it!" And started pretending to read. She went into this elaborate story that we could only understand half of about Mom, Dad, temples, and some other stuff. I kept trying to get her to repeat the actual words of her verse but she kept insisting she could do it herself. She had us all crying with laughter. It was knd of those moments you wish you could can for later...
May 19
I love girls nights! Tiff and sisters and I took mom out for a going away dinner tonight. It was nice to just sit and have grown up girl talk.
I love girls nights! Tiff and sisters and I took mom out for a going away dinner tonight. It was nice to just sit and have grown up girl talk.
May 20
I had a great date with Sami tonight! We went to La Caille for a sixth grade field trip. LaCaille is a very expensive and elegant restaurant located on 22 acres of gorgeous landscaping along the base of the mountains outside of SLC. The kids learned about table etiquette at school this year so this was their chance to practice. (One of the teachers knows the owners and has been taking the sixth graders and family members there at a very discounted price for years.) We walked a bit of the grounds. They had peacocks and swans and incredible gardens. Then they took us into a large atrium for dinner. Both Sami and I tried our first escargot. She really liked it. Snails are too chewy for my taste. There was even sorbet to cleanse the pallet between courses. Sami was so nervous about getting her etiquette correct. It was very cute. Such a fun evening!
I had a great date with Sami tonight! We went to La Caille for a sixth grade field trip. LaCaille is a very expensive and elegant restaurant located on 22 acres of gorgeous landscaping along the base of the mountains outside of SLC. The kids learned about table etiquette at school this year so this was their chance to practice. (One of the teachers knows the owners and has been taking the sixth graders and family members there at a very discounted price for years.) We walked a bit of the grounds. They had peacocks and swans and incredible gardens. Then they took us into a large atrium for dinner. Both Sami and I tried our first escargot. She really liked it. Snails are too chewy for my taste. There was even sorbet to cleanse the pallet between courses. Sami was so nervous about getting her etiquette correct. It was very cute. Such a fun evening!
May 21
There she goes, melting my heart again. Kassi was in the car and started singing "Let it go, let it go, I just want to go home!" Then when we got home, she went and sat on the big kid potty all by herself and tinkled. No help at all! Then she went upstairs, ran straight to her sisters' bedroom where I had just tucked them in and said into the room in the sweetest voice ever, "Goodnight sisters!" Such a sweetheart. Of course this was all in between all the tantrums about wanting to carry the take out bag from the restraunt, wanting only mom to buckle her, not wanting her sisters to sing in the car, and wanting to brush her own teeth. There's no such thing as perfection, right?
There she goes, melting my heart again. Kassi was in the car and started singing "Let it go, let it go, I just want to go home!" Then when we got home, she went and sat on the big kid potty all by herself and tinkled. No help at all! Then she went upstairs, ran straight to her sisters' bedroom where I had just tucked them in and said into the room in the sweetest voice ever, "Goodnight sisters!" Such a sweetheart. Of course this was all in between all the tantrums about wanting to carry the take out bag from the restraunt, wanting only mom to buckle her, not wanting her sisters to sing in the car, and wanting to brush her own teeth. There's no such thing as perfection, right?
My mom moved back to my hometown today. I have to admit it will take some adjustment not having her around anymore. I will miss her. But it's for the best for everyone that she moves on. It's been almost eight months since my Daddy passed away...
May 27
Emmy had her end of kindergarten testing today. She got all her Zeno words except ARE. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to memorize that word and she still isn't getting it... she passed though! First grade here she comes!!
Emmy had her end of kindergarten testing today. She got all her Zeno words except ARE. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to memorize that word and she still isn't getting it... she passed though! First grade here she comes!!
Sami gave her oral report and slide show on her country report she's been working all year on. We didn't have time to get the parent demo in before the school one so she did it for us tonight. It was very well done. However, when she got to famous people, the third person she mentioned was an MTV personality known for her experience in pornographic magazines and exotic dance offs. As she listed off the woman's "accomplishments" Jeremy and I just looked at each other and then I couldn't help but start laughing. "Did you say all that in front of your class today?" Was all I could get out. Not all of it but some of it, was her response. We haven't gotten a call from the school, though, so apparently the teacher wasn't paying full attention. Whew! It warmed my heart to know that Sami is still innocent enough not to know what all those things were. And it provided Jeremy and me with a good teaching opportunity.
May 30
I had a slightly upset, gurgly stomach as I was rocking Kassi tonight and she started giggling. I asked her what was funny and she told me the baby in my tummy was tooting! Goofball.
May 30
I had a slightly upset, gurgly stomach as I was rocking Kassi tonight and she started giggling. I asked her what was funny and she told me the baby in my tummy was tooting! Goofball.
No comments:
Post a Comment