April 4:
I usually love Conference weekend. And this one has had a lot of anticipation because it's also j's birthday and Easter. This morning we woke up, had a great breakfast, did our Easter Egg hunt, and watched the first session of Conference. then we got some bad news. Jeremy's grandpa is in the hospital with pneumonia and the bacteria is in his blood stream. He's on a ventilator and non-responsive. He's just been life flighted to Twin. Easter and birthdays and conference talks will have to wait. The girls are home with Mom and Jeremy and I are on our way to Idaho.
April 5:
We almost lost Grandpa last night. Jeremy and I stopped by the hospital as soon as we got to Twin, then checked into barf hotel (haven't been back here since the stomach flu of Thanksgiving). We had just fallen to sleep when Jeremy got a call from his uncle to get the hospital. grandpa started to A-fib and his blood pressure dropped so low, they didn't think he would make it. At 4am, he finally stabilized and Jeremy came back to the hotel. Being pregnant, I had stayed at the hotel to try to get some much needed sleep. I don't travel very well anymore. I am especially worn out because we just got home from our Spring Break trip on Thursday. Anyway, Grandpa is now stable but he's still not responding. We plan to head home tomorrow. I miss my girls already. Today is Easter. I've always been with them on Easter.
April 11:
Grandpa woke up and is in a recovery home. He is somewhat responsive but still very worn down. Sami and Jeremy went to see him.
April 18:
Long Week.
House remodeling. Three nephews (ages 1, 5, and 7). Auntie visiting. Fevers all around. School Events. Two days of carpet installation. I'm beat.
April 20:
The house is finally DONE!! Well, phase 1 anyway. We still have a couple odds and ends to finish up. A closet. Some flooring. Some baseboards. But it's finally presentable! We have been living in construction mode since the basement flooded right after Christmas. It's so nice to have things more livable. The hardest part has been these last four weeks and dealing with 'Richard the Handyman' who did all the mudding, painting, and finishing work. That is a man I hope to never have in my house again. He was crude, rude, and wreaked of cigarettes. Not to mention he was SO SLOW. His part was only supposed to take 40-60 hours. He took over 150 hours. But he's gone now. The appraisal (yes Jeremy decided to refinance because we finally sold our other home--woo-hoo!!!--right on top of everything else) is over. The house is beautiful. My life can mellow a little. Phew!
April 28
My first baby grew up on me... Sami is already spending time at the junior high and I want to cry! yesterday, I took her to the Junior High for an interview for which position she would have. As I watched her hurry into the school without me-without even looking back-I was astonished to see how grown up she's become. Then today we went to a sweater fitting meeting and she found out she was selected as the 7th grade student body secretary, which is the position she wanted. I also received a phone calll informing me that she is getting "kidnapped" by the older officers at 5:30am on Friday for an initiatory surprise breakfast. (A tradition that apparently goes back generations) but my initial thought was- what!? You're doing what to my baby at 5:30 in the morning??? They grow up too fast...
I usually love Conference weekend. And this one has had a lot of anticipation because it's also j's birthday and Easter. This morning we woke up, had a great breakfast, did our Easter Egg hunt, and watched the first session of Conference. then we got some bad news. Jeremy's grandpa is in the hospital with pneumonia and the bacteria is in his blood stream. He's on a ventilator and non-responsive. He's just been life flighted to Twin. Easter and birthdays and conference talks will have to wait. The girls are home with Mom and Jeremy and I are on our way to Idaho.
April 5:
We almost lost Grandpa last night. Jeremy and I stopped by the hospital as soon as we got to Twin, then checked into barf hotel (haven't been back here since the stomach flu of Thanksgiving). We had just fallen to sleep when Jeremy got a call from his uncle to get the hospital. grandpa started to A-fib and his blood pressure dropped so low, they didn't think he would make it. At 4am, he finally stabilized and Jeremy came back to the hotel. Being pregnant, I had stayed at the hotel to try to get some much needed sleep. I don't travel very well anymore. I am especially worn out because we just got home from our Spring Break trip on Thursday. Anyway, Grandpa is now stable but he's still not responding. We plan to head home tomorrow. I miss my girls already. Today is Easter. I've always been with them on Easter.
April 11:
Grandpa woke up and is in a recovery home. He is somewhat responsive but still very worn down. Sami and Jeremy went to see him.
April 18:
Long Week.
House remodeling. Three nephews (ages 1, 5, and 7). Auntie visiting. Fevers all around. School Events. Two days of carpet installation. I'm beat.
April 20:
The house is finally DONE!! Well, phase 1 anyway. We still have a couple odds and ends to finish up. A closet. Some flooring. Some baseboards. But it's finally presentable! We have been living in construction mode since the basement flooded right after Christmas. It's so nice to have things more livable. The hardest part has been these last four weeks and dealing with 'Richard the Handyman' who did all the mudding, painting, and finishing work. That is a man I hope to never have in my house again. He was crude, rude, and wreaked of cigarettes. Not to mention he was SO SLOW. His part was only supposed to take 40-60 hours. He took over 150 hours. But he's gone now. The appraisal (yes Jeremy decided to refinance because we finally sold our other home--woo-hoo!!!--right on top of everything else) is over. The house is beautiful. My life can mellow a little. Phew!
April 28
My first baby grew up on me... Sami is already spending time at the junior high and I want to cry! yesterday, I took her to the Junior High for an interview for which position she would have. As I watched her hurry into the school without me-without even looking back-I was astonished to see how grown up she's become. Then today we went to a sweater fitting meeting and she found out she was selected as the 7th grade student body secretary, which is the position she wanted. I also received a phone calll informing me that she is getting "kidnapped" by the older officers at 5:30am on Friday for an initiatory surprise breakfast. (A tradition that apparently goes back generations) but my initial thought was- what!? You're doing what to my baby at 5:30 in the morning??? They grow up too fast...
Also today, I spent the day with Ally on a field trip to Thanksgiving Point children's museum. I was in charge of Ally and one other girl. The other girl wanted to stay at the giant jungle gym where the teacher was supervising for the majority of the time we were there so Ally and I explored much of the museum just the two of us. It became a fun Mommy-Ally date!
April 30
I took Kassi with me to get a pedicure today. She was so good! She just sat in the chair next to me and patiently watched my treatment. We were in a spa so she had to be quiet. The cutie whispered every word she said. When it was all done, she got to have her nails painted too. She sat and watched her nails very intently and proudly. She was getting to be all grown up like Mommy! Such a doll!
I took Kassi with me to get a pedicure today. She was so good! She just sat in the chair next to me and patiently watched my treatment. We were in a spa so she had to be quiet. The cutie whispered every word she said. When it was all done, she got to have her nails painted too. She sat and watched her nails very intently and proudly. She was getting to be all grown up like Mommy! Such a doll!
No comments:
Post a Comment