Monday, September 17, 2012

I guess it's time for another post about....

EMMY!
 
Yes, Emmy has been...well, herself more and more lately.  I wonder sometimes if she takes advantage of the fact that I am often busy with Kassi.  Her bedroom is never clean.  She likes to empty the entire contents of her drawers on the floor when getting dressed in the morning and she doesn't like to keep her blankets on her bed for some reason.  (Ally, who now shares the butterfly bedroom with Emmy--yes, Sami has moved into her own room--thinks Emmy's messes are great, because they hide her own.)  Emmy runs around the house, getting into everything she knows she is not supposed to get into.  She is always very...busy, as GP put it when we visited Idaho last month.  He just sat and laughed at her as she ran in and out and up and down and touched this and that and kept everyone very busy keeping track of her.
 
  She has an obsession with touching my stomach even though there is no longer a baby in it.  And she loves to touch my neck (which started when I got pregnant last year).  And she loves to take out my hair and make a mess of it.  I've stopped bothering with styling it because as soon as I sit to feed Kassi or get something done, Emmy is right behind me with her fingers in my hair and on my neck...and her feet on my stomach or back.  She's kind of a monkey that way.  :)  And I let her get away with it because at least I know that she is with me and not causing trouble somewhere.
 
Anyway, here are a few of the trouble moments of late that are worth remembering:
 
Would you like Salt with that?
Grandma Dee stayed with the girls for a night while Jeremy and I went to his firm retreat last month.  I think Emmy wore her out.  She called me when I was on my way home to inform me that Emmy had eaten an ink pad.  She had given the girls stamps and stamp ink pads to play with that morning.  I guess Ally and Emmy decided to put the ink pads in a bowl and pretend that it was soup.  However, Emmy stopped pretending.  Grandma Dee found her with the salt shaker, dumping salt on the case of the ink pad and licking it off.  She had green ink all over her mouth and the ink pad was no where in sight.  It turned out that she did not actually eat the pad, but she did suck all the ink out of it.  What kills me most, is that she salted it first!  I guess you can't truly enjoy your ink without a healthy dose of salt....
 
Lil' Bully
Emmy is a bully for a good portion of each day.  She pulls hair, climbs on people, screams in ears, makes annoying sounds, gets into others' "treasures," teases relentlessly, and has recently taken up biting (which we are putting an end to asap).  She has basically decided that being that 'Terrorizing Three-year-old' suites her.  The crazy thing is that Ally won't take it and has started giving Emmy some of her own medicine.  Nothing like peace and harmony in the home!  (or so I hear....)

I'm just going to let the picture tell all on this one...
 
The really funny part is that it was a brand new box and the sink was filled with all the paper backs.
 
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S
Emmy has really been into wanting makeup lately.  So we call the chap stick makeup and she puts it on every day.  One day, however, I had my hands full and couldn't get the chap stick for her, so she helped herself to my makeup bag.  I noticed the silence (never a good sign) and went to find her.  She had used my blush brush to put eye base all over her face and she had mascara all over her eyelid and cheek.  It was a Sunday, too, and we were rushing to get ready for church.  Between the rush and the fact that my base and brush were ruined, I didn't think it humorous enough at the time to take a picture...  Plus, I try not to take pictures with her on the scene anymore.  I am worried they may be acting as an encouragement.
 
Chatterbox
Emmy has taken up the art of constantly talking when in the car.  She doesn't want to listen to music and she doesn't like it when others are making noise in the car.  She gets mad during carpool mornings when I pick up a set of chatty twin boys.  She just wants to talk and be heard.  And when I can't see her face, I can't always understand what she's saying which is really frustrating for her.  But she still talks and talks and talks and talks wherever we go.  She tells me when to stop at signs and lights, and she tells me which way to turn.  And she tells me when I'm driving wrong.  She is so helpful!  And great company!
 
Just Tasting
 
 
Play Nice!
Yesterday, Ally and Emmy were playing upstairs and I was enjoying some peace and quiet, knowing that they were watching out for each other.  Suddenly, I heard a frustrated scream come from Ally and a door slam.  I immediately went to investigate.  Ally was all upset and when I asked why, she informed me that Emmy was not playing nice.  Apparently, they had been playing that dragons where chasing them, but Emmy decided to pretend that the dragon ate her.  Emmy was playing dead and Ally was distraught that Emmy had "sended herself to heaven and it's not nice!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment