Emmy has gone through the Caillou stage, the Dragon Tales stage, the Curious George stage, and a few others I can't remember at the moment. But now we are in the Dora stage. Yes, "Dora the Explorer" is the pick of the day when TV time comes around. However, unlike the other shows she has favored, this one is starting to have an effect at other times of the day. For instance, whenever a task is accomplished, I hear "We did it, We did it!" She has even added her own touch of "We did it, OH YEAH" (including the deep, jazzy voice on the 'oh yeah' part...which really made me laugh the first time and so it became an almost permanent addition.) :) The clincher, though, happened Easter Morning when we started the Basket Scavenger Hunt. Emmy's first clue was "Time for Breakfast!" which was meant to take her to pantry (cereal cupboard) where she runs every morning to get me to give her some food. However, we had just finished eating breakfast and so when she heard her clue she responded with, "Ate already, CHECK!" spoken exactly like The Map on Dora. I couldn't stop laughing so Jeremy had to explain to her that she needed to go to where the breakfast food is kept to get her next clue.
I had to include a couple of Easter pictures I forgot to post earlier. Above: Emmy insisted the babies needed to be in her picture. She would not let me take one without until we had a good one with. Below: Uncle Adam got a little goofy this year and sent us a box of goodies, complete with the ridiculous bunny mask which Emmy just loved!
Since we are on the topic of Emmy:
The deer around here are obnoxious. They drop bombs in my yard and they eat my tulips. They even ate my "deer proof" crocuses this year. Anyway, somehow one tulip escaped their jaws. I think it must have been growing close enough to the daffodil next to it to survive. I was so excited when I saw it. Emmy was too! She walked right over to it, exclaimed, "Look, Mom, pretty flower!" and picked it. Then she took it inside and malled it. I hurried and took a picture before it was completely destroyed. sigh. Oh well...
Emmy's flower:
No comments:
Post a Comment