May 1
Ally lost her SEVENTH tooth tonight!!
May 4
On our way to church, Emmy asked Jeremy if he had a last name. "Yes," he said, "It is the same as yours" Then he stated out last name. "But Daddy! That's a girls name!" was her response. I guess that's what you get for having all girls. A confused 4-year-old.
May 6
Kassi's words of the day: Goat, Bunny, Cow, and Moo!
We went to a farm today for Ally's field trip. Kassi loved it!
May 10
Ally made her first goal at soccer today!!!!!! GO ALLY!
She normally hangs back and is more of a defensive player, but today she became a little more aggressive offensively and it paid off!
Jeremy asked the girls to help me clean the house today so that I don't stress about messes on Mother's Day tomorrow. My two oldest have been their usual helpful-to-a-degree selves, but Emmy just yelled the following at me because I asked her to put her clothes away (one of her usual Saturday chores):
"You're making me tired! I'm quitting Mother's Day!! It's all about YOU!!!!!"
:) Oh I can't wait for her to be a mom and have one just like her.
May 12
We love the zoo!!!! We went for the first time this year today. I had two kids with field trips there at the same time. Kassi likely does not remember the last time she was at the zoo, though, and was very thrilled with what she saw! At the very first spot--the lions--she was so cute! She squealed and screamed with delight at the animals on the other side of the glass! She had a monkey come up to the window and say hi to her (the monkey was the exact same size) with flowing white hair on black and she thought that was the best thing ever! Then as we walked on through the zoo, she was oohing and ahhing and squealing and telling me all about the random things she saw. Even things like plants and barrels had her approval. So cute!
May 13
I took Kassi with me to visit teach a girl with a daughter just 6 weeks older than Kassi. The two toddlers said hello to each other and then had a nice long conversation in gibberish before heading up the stairs to play! Her mom and I couldn't understand a word of what went on but they had no problem understanding each other.
May 16
Spent the day in St. George! The girls and I went to get our nails done, went to lunch, and then had Paige and Janie (two friends from when we first moved here) over to go swimming. Then we all went out to dinner with Jeremy. We got some pretty priceless looks from people walking around with SIX girls!!!! Paige and Janie have the same coloring as my girls but they are taller so it seriously looked like they could have all been mine. It was great!! Some people just stared, others couldn't seem to handle the sight, while others just chuckled at us. We had so much fun!
May 21
While driving in the car and listening to music fairly loud like I like it, the following took place:
Emmy: Mom!
Mom: (turning music down) Yes?
Emmy: I am getting older.
Mom: Yes you are.
Emmy: I know because I like boring stuff now
Mom: Boring stuff huh? And that makes you old?
Emmy: yeah! When I am a teenager [which is like the pinnacle of being grown up in Emmy's eyes] I will like doing lots of boring stuff. And I like boring stuff now so I am getting older.
Mom: (trying not to laugh) hmmmm...
Emmy: OK. That's all. You can turn the music back.
So I turned up the music and got in a good chuckle while she couldn't hear me. We are still in that "don't laugh at me" stage. I guess that's better than the "I'm so old and boring" stage, though! Right?
May 29
I am soooooooooo tired! Never ever volunteer to do Field Day!! I signed up to help and the lady that had planned on being in charge had an oops baby. So I got put in charge. It has been an exhausting month getting ready for this thing. Then today I was at the school, out on the field, from 7:30am to 4pm. And after that, I went home, took a shower, and went to a preschool graduation which was also out in the sun. I am burned (because I forgot to put sunscreen on my neck) and beat. Never again!!!!! Nope. Lesson learned. From now on, I only offer to help with PTA things after someone else has done all the planning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment