Dec 5:
Went shopping today with Kassi. Tried to get through the outing without the binkie in her mouth. She sang to me the whole time-in the cart and in the car! I loved it!
Dec 8:
Had a great weekend with Stake Conference. Elder Holland came. I had the opportunity to sing in an octet of women--Beautiful Savior--and the Spirit was so strong after the first note that I couldn't be nervous! Incredible experiences all weekend. Didn't get to meet him though. :(
Dec 9:
Ward Christmas Party. Primary kids performed "Christmas Bells". I had the senior primary over to my home yesterday for a 'Sip N Sing' so we could practice with the bells and the descant while enjoying hot cocoa. My basement is now covered in chocolate. There is even chocolate streaked on the basement door. Crazy kids! They all did great though. Especially the junior primary who sang "Jesus is born" a Capella at the end. I am such a proud chorister!
Oh got a new vacuum today from Jeremy as an early Christmas present! It's a Dyson Ball. Love it! Jeremy played with his new snow blower all weekend when we had a big storm come through. He had five men oogling over it. Silly boys. But now it's my turn to play with my new toy! I have never been so excited to clean my home!!
Dec 10:
It's official. I'm not getting enough sleep! I had a repair guy come to fix my "broken" dryer today. Guess what was wrong with it. I hadn't selected a cycle!! Yeah, I guess it helps to turn something ON if you want to use it. I spent all weekend flipping the start knob and wondering why it wasn't starting! $58 later...I feel like an idiot
Sami and I spent an hour shoveling feet of snow off our deck. Whew! I want to move to someplace tropical.
Dec 13:
Sami found out today that her piano composition piece for Reflections made it to the Regionals! Go Sami!!!
I noticed today that Kassi's obsession with playing the toilet seems to have passed. Thank goodness!! However she still seems to have a talent for throwing things away. Here is my Facebook post from tonight:
(Facebook)
Dec 14
Found my phone. Kassi had buried it under stuff she pulled out of a drawer in the dining room on Thursday morning. So now I am sitting here wondering what she threw away at Sami's school. Hopefully it wasn't important.
Dec 15:
We had so much fun this evening!! It started at dinner when Jeremy started trying to persuade everyone that bedtime needed to change to an hour earlier than it is. At one point Jeremy said, "7:00. All in favor say 'aye'." Sami called out, "Nay!" And Ally, thinking she meant 'neigh' called out, "QUACK!" I couldn't help myself! I found this hilarious and started quacking whenever the girls would say 'Nay' to any other times. Soon we were all making random animal sounds around the table. We even threw in a sing-song of "What does the fox say?" That got us on other goofy songs like "We are never-ever-ever wearing ugly sweaters" (spin on Taylor Swift) and "You're gonna hear me Snore" (spin on Katie Perry). [OK it is possible that we watch too much Jimmy Fallon]. We were all laughing though Jeremy was still trying to feign seriousness over changing bedtime. As we finished eating, Jeremy commented that there hadn't been one moment of silence at the table since prayer. He decided we all needed to be quiet to the count of 10. So we all were silent and he started counting. He got to 3 or 4 and then Kassi sang "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" from the Katie Perry 'Roar' song. It was sooooo funny!!!! I think that song has been on the radio in the car too much lately. Then they also taught her to start a high pitched singing scream when anyone counted to five which I can just see coming back to bite us during Sacrament meeting or something...
After dinner we made a gingerbread Christmas Tree and got ready for bed. Kassi danced naked to the Christmas music in the family room with crazy hair, while I tried to chase her with her pj's. Then we went upstairs for prayer. Kassi immediately went for the girls' bed. She likes to climb on it and pretend like she's a big girl going to bed. When she turned and saw us all kneeling to pray, though, she crawled to edge, squirmed to the floor, toddled to the middle of everyone, sat, folded her arms, and bowed her head...all the way to floor. It was so stinking cute that we all started giggling again. I love it when my family gets goofy and everyone enjoys the cute and silly parts of everyone else. If only every night could be like tonight was!
Dec 20
We just went to see the Nutcracker for the first time!! It was our Christmas present to Auntie because it was one of her favorite traditions when her boys were young. But it was such a treat for Sami and me! I has never seen it before, either-or any ballet-- and we LOVED it! Ally also came along. It was her first ballet and first time in a real theater! She seemed to enjoy it at the beginning when the war with the mice was taking place, but lost interest during all the different dances of the second half. I think we will have to make it an every-other-year tradition. That way Emmy can come next time and maybe Ally will get more out of it.
Dec 23
Emmy was darling tonight. After I sang her her song and she sang me mine, I tucked her in and she folded her hands under her head, closed her eyes, and fell asleep with a smile on her face. It was seriously a scene from the movies. I didn't know a child could actually fall asleep like that in real life. Leave it up to Emmy to surprise me. :)
Dec 25
Merry Christmas!!!!
It is strange but Christmas came so soon this year with Thanksgiving being so late. It almost feels like it's come and gone without actually being a reality.
What a good day, though. Kassi was completely uninterested in her presents. Emmy was really animated. Ally played with everything the second Ashe opened it. Sami just wanted to play Santa and be in charge of who opened what when. The only crazy thing was when Sami was putting dishes away without a stool and so tried jumping up to the cupboard and took her head out with the corner of the cupboard door. This resulted in a call to Dr. (Uncle) Sam and a trip to Walgreens for butterfly bandaids to seal up a small split in her forehead. Hurray for people willing to work on Christmas!
We had a nice evening last night with Jeremy's aunt, uncle, and cousin. Then this morning, Grandpa and Grandma A came for brunch. That was a fun addition to our Christmas Day traditions. Then Adam and Naima flew in in time for Christmas Dinner. We love it when they visit! My parents and Daniel show up on Friday. They are bringing Daniel's "friend" from Brazil. Her name is Geane (Gi-on-ee) and she has never been to the US and has only dreamed of visiting Temple Square so that is where we are headed on Saturday!
Dec 29
I just put my bathroom on the main floor on quarantine for the fourth time in two weeks! It seems the second I get a chance to clean it, someone leaves the door open and Kassi is in there. It turns out that she was only taking a break from toilets for a while but the interest has come back full swing! She has found it even more fun to put the garbage can in the toilet and splash around, making a lake of toilet water on my floor. Why!?????
sounds like a fantastic December :)
ReplyDelete