Sunday, May 19, 2013

A little bit of this and that

My Little helpers...
 Emmy has become my super helper!  She still loves to get into mischief but she is also great at helping me make dinner, clean, and set the table.  Kassi...not so much.  She just likes to make messes.  :)  She army crawls around the house--yes, STILL won't pick that tummy up off the floor!--and gets into as much as she can.
Beautiful.  Even when pouting.
Ally's become our story-teller (even if it's not her story!).  She always has something to talk about and has really turned into a chatter-box!  She shares stories that she heard at school, she tells me stories about her teachers or friends that Sami just finished telling me about hers, and she tells me about her day in general.  She's a doll! 
Oh!  And Ally has a loose tooth.  It's been very loose for almost a week but she won't let me pull it out.  Silly girl.
Kassi's absolute favorite thing to do is laugh at people!  Sami is great at making her laugh.  And Kassi enjoys teasing--especially Emmy.  Emmy doesn't find it funny, but Kassi sure does!  One day the two girls were riding in a double stroller and Kassi kept poking at Emmy.  It was obvious that Emmy didn't appreciate being poked at but Kassi kept going and laughed her head off every time Emmy complained.
***********
 
The New Do!
Sami recently got her hair cut and I think it made her look way too old!  She came walking away from the stylist and I was shocked at how grown-up she'd become in just 20 minutes.  She's turning ten soon...it makes me sad.
I'm very proud of the young woman she is becoming.  Her school had a Science and Math Olympiad the other day.  Sami took first in Barge Building but gave up her spot and the chance to go to the District competition because her friend (second place) was sad about not being able to go.  She is so concerned for the happiness of others, she would rather they get the reward.  I have to admit, she's a better person than I am.  But I've known that from the moment she was born.  I felt the wisdom of her spirit just looking in her eyes.
 
Funny Emmy One-Liners of Late
 
After helping me put her clothes away:
"I am an excellent child!"
 
When running the circle in the house and squeezing past me while I was trying to grab something from the fridge:
"Excuse me Lady!"
 
While scribbling on a piece of paper as I handed her breakfast and said in exasperation:
"Mom, your bugging me!  I have to concentrate on my homework!"
 
Just for the record, we do not allow this kind of talk in our home--my actual homework doers have never said this to me--and Emmy was immediately reminded of the correct way to speak to her mother, but I got a really good laugh out of it as soon as I walked away.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment