Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Day I Hope We Remember

Yesterday was such a good day!  We spent the morning getting some things done around the house, had lunch with Mary, Millie, Tommy, and Jeffery (just back from their long visit to Northern Idaho), and then Jeremy came home from work early and we went to the Brigham City Temple Open House!  Emmy has been asking for a year to go inside a temple and now she finally did!  I wasn't familiar with the history of Brigham City or the kind of town that it is.  I have to admit that I kind of fell in love with the place while we were there.  It reminded me a lot of the town I grew up in.  I want to go back someday and see some the other things it has to offer, such as The Golden Spike, where the East and West bound Railroads met, and what sounds like an impressive Bird Sanctuary.  I would also love to attend their Peach Festival sometime.  I guess they are famous for their peach orchards.  That sounds a lot more tasty to me than the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA.
 Anyway, we walked through their new temple and it was so beautiful!  I loved that I was able to show it to my girls and help them understand a little better why temples are so important to their parents.  They loved the Celestial Room and the Sealing Room.  We were also able to slip out of line and see the Bride's Room which my girls just adored.  It was so pretty with all of it's adorned mirrors and chandelier.  I love that the temple allows you to feel like a princess on your wedding day!  What I really thought was neat, though, is that when I asked each of the girls what their favorite part was, Ally said that she felt closer to Jesus in the temple.
After we were done with our tour, we went to a park.  Jeremy had to take a call for work, so he sat at a picnic table with his computer in front of him and his cell phone in hand and worked for about 45 minutes while the girls played and fed piggy-pooh.  Then we went to dinner at a restaurant that is rather famous in those parts, called Maddox.  Jeremy parents just love this place and I've been hearing about it for almost 11 years so it was fun to finally go.  The food was really good and filling.  Their rolls seriously melt in your mouth.  We even brought home a really yummy peach pie.  All in all, it was a good day.  I really hope it's one that at least the older girls will remember for a long time. 
Smiling and talking to Daddy at Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment