Sami had a playdate today with her friend, Madelyn. Both she and Madelyn are really into American Girl Dolls right now and the wonderful Aunt Kaydee gave the girls a subscription to the American Girl Magazine for Christmas. When the first issue arrived this week, Sami couldn't wait to try some of the ideas out. She found instructions on how to make your doll a figure skating outfit, which, of course, she just had to try. They only managed to make figure skating skirts today, but they turned out super cute. (See end of post)
Also in the magazine, she found the results for a contest on creative cupcake ideas. She picked the "Sweet Bees" cupcake as the one she wanted to make. They didn't say in the magazine how they made the cupcakes look the way they did so I had to put on my creative thinking cap for a few days. I came up with the above. What do ya think?!
All in all, Sami and Madelyn had a lot of fun and I got a chance to be creative, which (I must admit) I do enjoy.
Oh, and Thanks to Auntie for the Baby Cakes maker! It came in very handy today!!
LANIE'S NEW SKIRT!
No comments:
Post a Comment